GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Monday, March 27, 2017

Writing a Blog Can Cost Me Money

Yesterday I posted a table of some of my immigrant ancestors. To make the table complete before I posted it, I had to look up a couple of items. So naturally, I Googled (the name) to America and the date.

One of the hits was to a page in a fairly recent book about early settlers in New Jersey. It included more of my ancestors, so I looked to see if there was an online version. No such luck, just a few preview pages. A link was provided to World Cat and I discovered that the nearest library listed there was hundreds of miles away.

But, there were links to some booksellers. I checked Amazon.com first and their price was higher than I would pay. But Lulu.com had a more reasonable price, so I yielded to the temptation and within a few weeks a new book should arrive in my mailbox.


Maybe it will help me in writing future blog posts. I'll try to let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment