GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Ancestor Birthday - Lydia Norton - 5 March 1739/40


Lydia Norton was a 5th great-grandmother of mine. I seem to have very little information about her. Her entry on my website shows that she was born on 5 Mar 1739/40 in Durham, Connecticut, the daughter of Isaac Norton. She married John Howe, the son of Jeremiah Howe and Elizabeth Gaylord, on 15 Apr 1766. There is one child listed for her: Ichabod Howe. And that is all that is there.

What more can I tell about her?
Well, I can add her mother's name: Mary Rockwell.
From her father's will: she had at least 4 brothers: Silvanus, Isaac Jr, Aaron and Joel.
and she had at least 4 sisters: Abigail, Mary, Anna and Deborah.
Her marriage was recorded at Goshen, Litchfield County, Connecticut.
She was John's second wife, so became a step-mother to at least 2, maybe 4 young children.
The birth of her first child, John, was recorded at Goshen.
Her second son Ichabod was said to have been born in Canaan, Litchfield County, Connecticut.
She probably had about 7 children.

Now there needs to be some effort on my part to get this information entered into my database so it can be uploaded to my website.

But as seems to often be the case from this time period, I don't have information about her death. I need to keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment