GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Ancestor Birthday - Samuel Nicholson - 12 March 1665-1727


I have been reviewing my information on Samuel Nicholson, my 8th great-grandfather, and find that I need to do some more work on him. So I will try to write more tomorrow.

Some of what I have found is: Samuel was the son of Christopher and Hannah (Redknap) Nicholson. He was born 12 March 1665, probably in Massachusetts. His parents were married in Lynn, Massachusetts in 1662. From the listing of which Nicholson children were "imported" into North Carolina, it appears they came between 1667 and 1670. The family settled in Perquimans Precinct in the northeastern section of the state.

I discussed on my blog on 9 Jan 2017 about which Elizabeth Charles is was that Samuel married in 1688.

Various Nicholson genealogies give different lists of children for Samuel and Elizabeth, numbering from six to eight. All seem to include my 7th great-grandmother, Abigail Nicholson, born in 1689, who married Nathaniel Albertson.

History of Perquimans County by Ellen Goode Winslow, published in 1974, notes that at the January court of 1696/97 the justices present included Samuel Nicholson. He was also listed again in April 1697 and April 1701. So I believe he did have a political presence there.

I can blame the date today for not getting more written, since I lost an hour, due to the beginning of daylight savings time.

No comments:

Post a Comment