GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Ancestor Birthday - March 15 - Elizabeth Stanley 1761


Elizabeth Stanley was one of my 4th great-grandmothers. She was born in Rowan County, North Carolina, 15 Mar 1761 in the section which later (1770/71) became Guilford County.
It is believed that her parents were John and Ann (Ballard) Stanley.

Elizabeth married Francis Frazier about 1783. Her sister Susanna married James Frazier and her sister Marjorie married John Frazier, who were both brothers of Francis. This makes a number of possible double cousins.

Francis and Elizabeth were members of the Quaker church in North Carolina and as many others did, they moved to Ohio with their nine children about 1810. It was in Highland County, Ohio, where a daughter (my 3rd great-grandmother Sarah) and two of their sons married children of Stephen and Margaret (Thornburgh) Hockett, making another set of double cousins for me.

The family moved on to Indiana about 1817 and it was there that Francis died in 1830. As so often happens in this time period, I haven't yet found information about Elizabeth's death.

I wrote about Margaret (Thornburgh) Hockett on 10 Jan 2017. Then I noted that there were 21 DNA matches to her on the DNA circles on Ancestry.com. Now I checked today and from her circle there are 7 matches who. from their family trees. are also descendants of Elizabeth. Since that DNA might have come from any one of the four (Francis, Elizabeth, Stephen or Margaret) and it is rather far back, I still like to think that maybe it was some of Elizabeth's DNA that was passed down to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment