GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Trying to Transcribe - Will of Benjamin Albertson - Pt 1


Day before yesterday, 22 Jun 2017, I began a series of my transcriptions of handwritten records for some of my ancestors. I started with a recorded copy of the will of my 6th great-grandfather Aaron Albertson from Perquimans County North Carolina. Today I am doing part 1 of the will of Aaron's son, my 5th great-grandfather, Benjamin Albertson, written 21 Sep 1800 and probated at November term in 1800. If you find any errors please contact me.



122  State of North Carolina }
        Perquimans County } I Benjamin Albertson SenR of this place
        aforesaid being weak in body, but of Sound and disposing mind &
        memory, do make and ordain these presents to be & contain my
        last Will & Testament in the following manner & form
First It is my will that all the Just debts which may be owing from one
        at the time of my decease & all necessary Expenses be Well & truly
        paid out of my estate in due time.
Item I give to my beloved wife Mary Albertson during her natural
        Life the use of one third part of my plantation [ ]what Houses
        she shall have need of with privledge of fire wood & Rail
        Timber for her necessary use.
Item I give to my said Wife & her disposal, Two feather Beads & furniture
        One Horse & Saddle Two Cows & Calves & one Heifer two years old and
        all my Hogs, Three Ewes & Lambs, all my pewter, One Chest, one
        Trunk, One Linning Wheel, One Iron pot with hooks and trammel
        one large Bible, one Table, Six Chairs, one horse cart, and Mare,
        only for my son Joshua to have the two first Colts which the
        Sd Mare Shall Bring ----
Item I give & bequeath to my Son Benjamin Albertson & his heirs &
        assigns forever, one half of my plantation & Land, the part
        joining Richard Sanders line, to be divided by a straight line
        from the River to the head--
Item I give & bequeath the other half of my plantation & Land unto my
        sons Aron & Joshua Albertson, to be equally divided between them
        to them their heirs & assigns forever.
Item I give to my [ ] Son Joshua Albertson one feather Bed & furniture
        and one Heifer --
Item I give to my daughter Phariby Albertson one feather Bed & furniture
        One cow & Calf one Saddle & One Linen Wheel.
Item I give to my daughter Miriam Anderson Forty Shillings
Item I give to my son Joseph Albertson Forty Shillings.

[to be continued tomorrow]

No comments:

Post a Comment