GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Monday, June 26, 2017

Trying to Transcribe - Will of Solomon Bond - Pt 1


Today I am trying to transcribe the will of my 2nd great-grandfather, Solomon Bond, who died in Linn County Oregon in February 1900. His will was apparently written in 1887. I have in my files two copies of his will, both handwritten. One copy is on 3 pages and the other copy is on 2 pages. The latter appears to be what has been recorded in the will book. The other copy came from the probate files. Both copies are rather faded so are hard to read, but I'll do my best. Please contact me if you see any errors. I'm going to use the 3 part version today.

         Know all Men by these present that
I Solomon Bond in Halsey, Linn County
State of Oregon being in good health,
and of sound and disposing mind and
memory do make and publish this my
last will and testament.
        1st I hereby constitute my son Charles
S. Bond without Bonds to be Sole Executor
of this my last will directing My said execu-
tor to pay all my just debt and funeral
expense.
        2nd After the payment of my just debt
and funeral expenses, I give and bequeath
all my personal and real estate to my beloved
wife Huldah Bond during her life time.
        3rd After the death of my said wife
I desire that my real and personal estate
be divided into nine equal shares and to
be given to my heirs as follow to wit:
        4th I give and bequeath unto my son
John H. Bond one share of my said estate
less the sum of two hundred dollars.
        5th I give and bequeath unto my
grandchildren Huldah I Bridgefarmer,
David S Bridgefarmer, Anna M Bridgefarmer,
Ella F Bridgefarmer, and Wm A Bridgefarmer
heirs of my deceased daughter Susan A
Bridgefarmer One full share of my said
estate to be divided equally share and share
alike between them.



No comments:

Post a Comment