GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Trying to Transcribe - Will of Aaron Albertson - Pt 1


For the remainder of June I am planning to do a series of my transcriptions of handwritten records for some of my ancestors. I am beginning with a recorded copy of the will of my 6th great-grandfather Aaron Albertson from Perquimans County North Carolina, originally written 15 Oct 1769 and probated in Apr 1782. It is found on two pages, so will begin with part 1 today and will plan to do part 2 tomorrow. I will use a cropped version so other people's wills aren't included. If you find any errors please contact me. 


North Carolina        }
Perquimans County } Be it known to all men by these presents
that I, Aaron Albertson of the place aforesaid being sick
and weak of body but of sound disposing memory --
therefore calling to mind the mortality of my body and
knowing that it is appointed for men once to die do
make and ordain these presents to contain my last will
and Testament and as touching such worldly estate
wherewith it both pleased god to bless me with in this
life I give and dispose of in the following manner and
forms that is to say.
First I will that all my just debts and contracts be
discharged and paid in convenient time after my decease.
Imprimis    I give to my son Benj[ ] Albertson my plantation I
now dwell on with all the land thereunto belonging to him
and his heirs forever only my will is that my loving Anne
have the use of one third of the aforesaid plantation and
house during her widowhood.
Item.    I give to my loving wife Anne Albertson the one half
of all my moveable estate during her natural life and
after her decease to be equally divided betwixt my four children
Nathaniel Albertson, Abigail Cosand, Jean Charles and
[to be continued tomorrow]

No comments:

Post a Comment