GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Friday, June 23, 2017

Trying to Transcribe - Will of Aaron Albertson - Pt 2


Yesterday, 22 Jun 2017 I began a series of my transcriptions of handwritten records for some of my ancestors. I started with a recorded copy of the will of my 6th great-grandfather Aaron Albertson from Perquimans County North Carolina, originally written 15 Oct 1769 and probated in Apr 1782. Since it is found on two pages, I did part 1 yesterday and today is part 2. I am using a cropped version so other people's wills aren't included. If you find any errors please contact me.


Benjamin Albertson and their heirs forever.
Item     I give to my four children (vizt) Nathaniel Albertson,
Abigail Cosand, Jean Charles and Benj[ ] Albertson the
other half of all my moveable estate to be equally
divided betwixt them and their heirs forever.
            I also nominate, constitute and appoint my loving sons
Nathaniel Albertson and Benjamin Albertson executors of
this my last will and Testament ratifying this and no
other to be my last will and Testament and I do hereby
utterly disallow revoke and disannul all and every other
former wills and legacies, bequests and executors by me
before this time named, willed and bequeathed ratifying
and confirming this and no other to be my last will
and Testament.
             In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand
and seal this 15th day of October 1769        /
Signed, sealed, pronounced and declared   /
by the said Aaron Albertson as his            /
last will and Testament in                         /        Aaron Albertson seal
presence of Mary Sanders                       /
Mary M Albertson                                 /
                  Wm Albertson                     /     nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Perquimans County proved in April Court
1782 by the affirmation of William Albertson at the
same time Benjamin Albertson was qualified as an
executor as the law directs. --- Test
                                                 Thos Harvey CC
   Recorded 7th Septr 1783 by Thos Harvey CC


No comments:

Post a Comment