GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Friday, June 30, 2017

Trying to Transcribe - Will of Solomon Bond of Iowa- Pt 2


Yesterday, 29 Jun 2017, I began the will of my 4th great-grandfather, Solomon Bond, who died in Mahaska County Iowa, probably in 1851. Today is the final section of that will.

Solomon names 7 children in his will, including 3 deceased daughters. However, there is no mention of another child, Mary, which I had found in my research. Mary was still alive in 1850 when the will was written, as she is on the 1860 census in Henry County, Kentucky and William Bond and family were living with her. Apparently Mary had no children. She had remained in Kentucky when the rest of the family moved north. I don't know why he didn't name her in the will. Maybe he had given her something when she stayed in Kentucky. It may remain a mystery.




full and ample a manner in every respect, as I could myself do
if liveing. I also direct that the nett proceeds of my estate herein
before ordered to be sold, be equally divided, as soon as it can
be done between my children, John Bond, William Bond, Eliz-
abeth McGuire & Sarah Lowery, and the children of my deceased
daughters, Celia Stillwell, Rhoda Lowery, and Nancy Lowery,
this dividing my entire estate into Seven equal parts, and my
said children to have one Seventh part each, and my Grand
Children, namely the children of my deceased daughter, Celia
Stillwell to have equally between them one Seventh,
the children of my deceased daughter Rhoda Lowery, to have
equally between them one seventh, and the children of my deceased
daughter Nancy Lowery, to have equally between them one seventh.
And it is my desire that said shares be paid to them as soon as my
Executor Shall be able to do so after the sale of my estate.
I hereby make and ordain my worthy and esteemed son-in-
Law Cornelius R McGuire Executor of this my last will and
testament.
       In testimony whereof, I Solomon Bond, the testator, have
hereunto set my hand and seal this twenty-fifth of May A.D.
Eighteen hundred and fifty.
                                                   Solomon Bond {seal}
Signed, sealed, published and declared by the above named Solo-
mon Bond as his last will and testament in the presence of us who
have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses thereto in the
presence of the said testator and in presence of each other.
                                                                     W. H. Seevers
                                                                     Micajah T. Williams
State of Iowa }}}}
Mahaska County }} County Court Dec. Term 1851
        I Micajah T. Williams, Clerk of said count court do here
by certify that on this 8th day of December AD 1851 the foregoing
Will was duly proved up and allowed by said court and ordered
to be certified and recorded.
{ LS } In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand
             & affixed the seal of said county this 8 day of
               December AD 1851.
                                               Micajah T. Williams
                                               Clerk of said County Court
recorded December 10, 1851


No comments:

Post a Comment