GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Monday, June 12, 2017

Ancestor Birthday - June 12th - Sabina Marsh - 1823 - 1897


This is a cropped section from a photo that I have posted at least twice before trying to identify it. I still am unsure if this is really Sabina, but my grandmother wrote on the back of the photo I have that it was Albertson grandparents, so those would be Benjamin and Sabina (Marsh) Albertson.

Sabina was my 2nd great grandmother. The information about much of her life is included on my website: Joanne's Genealogy: http://www.joanneskelton.com/p9.htm#i209

She was included in the listing of "triple jump" ancestors I posted in August of 2014, born, married and died in different states. In that listing I showed that she was born in Ohio, was married in Indiana and died in Kansas. However that last part is not certain. The date for her death, 4 Oct 1897, is found in the Genealogy of the Bell Family. It indicates that she died in Jericho, Cedar County, Missouri. Earlier I had discounted that, but now I am not so sure. Her widower husband, Benjamin Albertson, was listed on the 1900 census in Jericho Springs, Cedar County, Missouri. Sabina's daughter, Elmina, was also in Cedar County, Missouri in 1900. Was Sabina living with or near Elmina when she died? Elmina's youngest child, William, was born 15 Mar 1897. He stated on his World War I Draft registration that he was born in Unionville, Missouri. That is located in Putnam County, in the north part of Missouri, and Cedar County is a number of miles farther south. Did the families move between March and October? It looks like more research needs to be done.

One granddaughter was named for Sabina, a daughter of her son Jesse. Since her name is rather unique in my database I am glad it was carried on at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment