GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Friday, October 13, 2017

Treasured Memories From the Past - Up On Marys Peak


Some good person, probably my mother, Wilma (Falk) Albertson, wrote the date and location on the back of this photo. It was taken in May 1946 on Marys Peak. It was me and my brother, Joanne and Oran Albertson.


Marys Peak was a landmark that was important to me. I wrote the following for my book of childhood memories.


When I looked to the West I saw the Coast Range and its highest point, Marys Peak, at almost 4,100 feet. When we would turn off Highway 99E and head down the last two miles to our house, Marys Peak would be there almost like it was guiding the way. During the winter there would usually be some snow, like a cap on the top. And of course, many times fog or clouds would hide the top from our sight. I can remember that we took some trips up to the top of Marys Peak and if you used the field glasses you could almost see our house, or at least the area where it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment