GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Monday, October 2, 2017

Poems Written by a Falk Cousin - Pt. 1


One of my Falk grandfather's sisters was Elizabeth Falk, who married Arthur Ward. One of their daughters was Sylvia M. Ward, who was also known as Sylvie. She would have been my mother's first cousin, so she was my 1st cousin once removed. She was born 4 May 1902 in Kossuth County, Iowa and died of typhus 26 Aug 1935 in Yunnan Province China. She was in China as a Pentecostal missionary. In 1937 a book of some of her poems was published as a memorial to her. They are Christian in nature and here is one of them. I plan to post a second one tomorrow.

Something

Something keeps my heart a singing,
Something keeps the joy bells ringing,
Sweetest music every bringing___
     Precious love of Jesus.

Something brings me such a blessing,
Keeps me humble and confessing,
Ever gives me sweet caressing___
     Tender love of Jesus

Something gives me strength unending,
Power and grace in always sending,
Helpful aid is always lending___
     Watchful love of Jesus.

Something keeps my soul a living,
Manna sweet each day is giving,
Failures, weaknesses forgiving___
     Faithful love of Jesus.

Something keeps my heart from fearing,
Speaking to me words endearing,
Faintest whispers ever hearing___
     Blessed love of Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment