GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Monday, October 23, 2017

Early Oregon Cousins – Ellen Cardine Bond and Emily Bond


I think of these as “unknown cousins.” They were 1st cousins of my gt-grandfather, John Howard Bond, but he probably never knew them. They were both born before he was and probably also died before he was born in 1855.

The family information I received when beginning my research in the 1980s never mentioned these names as children of George and Elizabeth (Stillwell) Bond. Their names did not appear on any of the census records which I found for this family. Because the George Bond family had settled in the Eugene area in the fall of 1853, I did some research about the family at the Lane County Historical Museum in Eugene, Oregon in May 2008. They had in their files the following listing for the family birthdates. It was actually in the Harlow file, but as I wrote on 21 Apr 2017, one of George's daughters, Amanda Bond, had married Anderson Harlow. Here was where I discovered these two extra daughters, Ellen Cardine Bond born in 1840 and Emily Bond born in 1853, so they are on my website and now they are on my blog. They were my 1st cousins 3 times removed.



You might notice that I have posted twice today. I am trying to play “catch up” because I missed yesterday and the day before (last Saturday and Sunday) as I was having a computer problem. I hope to post twice again tomorrow and then I will be back on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment