GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Trying to Transcribe - Will of Mary Albertson


Since I used the wills of Benjamin and Mary Albertson yesterday (1 Aug 2017) to find the names of their children I realized that I had transcribed Benjamin's will, but I hadn't yet done Mary's will. So today I will work on that project. Her will fits on one page so it will be just one day. Mary's will was written 10 Mar 1807 and probated in Nov 1812.

372  In the name of God amen. I Marey Albertson
of the County of Perquimans (widow of old neck) Do
make this my Last will & Testament. Revoking &
Disannulling all former wills & Bequests by me
made ----
First, it is my will that all my Just Debts & funeral
Expenses be paid by my Executor Hereinafter named.
Item. I give unto my son Joseph Albertson the sum of five shill.[ings]
Item. I give unto my son Benjamin Albertson the sum of five shillings.
Item. I give unto my son Aron Albertson the sum of five shillings.
Item. I give unto my daughter Sarah Albertson's children the sum of five shillings.
Item. I give unto my daughter Phereby Griffin the sum of five shillings.
Item. I give, Devise & Bequeath unto my son Joshua Albertson
All the remaining parts & residue of my Estate (of what
Nature or Kindsoever) to Him my said son Joshua
Albertson His Heirs & assigns forever. -----
Lastly I nominate & appoint my son Joshua
Albertson my sole executor to this my last will and
testament, wishing him to have the same fully executed.
  In Testimony whereof, I the said Marey
Albertson have hereunto set my hand & seal this
the 10th Day of March, A.D. 1807 ---
Signed, sealed, published & declared
By the said Marey Albertson (the testator)                  Marey Albertson {seal}
to be her Last will & Testament.
In Presence of --
Gabl White

[???] test
                                                                                   John Wood clk

No comments:

Post a Comment