GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The Children of Benjamin and Mary Albertson?


If you have been following this the past few days you know that my 5th great-grandfather, Benjamin Albertson had two wives named Mary. I believe that Benjamin married Mary Small in 1760, then married a second time to Mary Wyatt in 1769. Yesterday I showed how I determined that my 4th great-grandfather Benjamin Albertson was born after 1769.

Today I want to look at the rest of the children of Benjamin and Mary. Since the births of the children of Benjamin and Mary (both of them) are not recorded in the Quaker records, I need to try other avenues. I have one good source to use. Both Benjamin and Mary (Wyatt) left wills.

However they don't list the children in exactly the same order, so I can't be sure of the order of births. This will take a lot more research to try to determine who was born when and if any are the children of Mary Small.

I transcribed the will of Benjamin on June 24th & 25th. The children named are Benjamin, who received half of the land. Then Aron and Joshua who shared the other half. Joshua received another bequest. Next he lists Phariby Albertson who received personal property. Then Miriam Anderson (who had married in 1790) and Joseph Albertson who received an amount of money. The rest of the estate was to be divided between his wife Mary and daughter Sarah Albertson (she had married an Albertson cousin in 1798).

Mary wrote her will in 1807 and gave a money amount to each of the following: Joseph, Benjamin, Aaron, Sarah's children, Pharaby Griffen. The balance was to go to Joshua. You may notice that Miriam is not mentioned. It is possible that she had died, but I don't know why she wasn't mentioned.

So I still have questions about the children in this family and more research needs to be tried. Maybe I will never know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment