GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Ancestor Birthday - August 5th - Lucie Rachel Smalley 1886 - 1960


Today was my grandmother Albertson's birthday, just week before mine. So often the family had some kind of celebration in August. I had cousins who also had August birthdays.

I have written about this grandmother more than once here on my blog. In August 2013 I included a photo of her, then in October of 2014 I showed a photo of the church which she attended in Halsey, Oregon and also a photo of her and her husband, O. J. Albertson.

It was in December 2016, after doing some local newspaper research I wrote about her membership in the Potter sewing club. Also later in the month I included a list of the recipes she had submitted for the WCTU cookbook.

To celebrate Mother's Day this year, I again posted her photo, along with her mother and grandmother. It was just last week, when I posted a photo of her and me, when I was going to visit her.

So what do I have left to share? The "facts" about most of her life and included on my genealogy website: http://www.joanneskelton.com/p1.htm#i2 

But I do have some more photos, so will share them.

                                                        She wrote on the back
                                                             "Me at 15 yrs."

                             Another photo of Lucie with her husband, O. J. Albertson





No comments:

Post a Comment