GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Trying to Transcribe - Will of John Howard Bond


While transcribing, I decided to do the will of my gt-grandfather, John Howard Bond. I had already done his father's will (Solomon Bond) on June 26-28, 2017. It was fun to see that my grandmother, Florence E. Falk, was one of the beloved daughters and received an inheritence.

In the name of God Amen.
I, J. H. Bond of Glide, Douglas,
County, State of Oregon, being past
63 years of age and in sound mind
and disposing memory do make and
declare the following to be my last
will and testament, that is to say
First,- I direct my executors to
pay my funeral expense and all
my just debts as soon after my death
as the condition of my estate will
permit.
Second - I give and bequeath to each
of my beloved daughter, towit,
Mrs. Maggie H. Pullen, of Jasper,
Lane County, Oregon, Ivy A. Stewart [??]
of Blythe, Riverside County, California,
and Florence E. Falk of Harrisburg,
Linn County, Oregon, the sum of
Five hundred dollars ($500) to be paid
in three annual installments, or
sooner at the option of the executors
of this my will.
Third - I give, bequeath, grant and
devise unto my beloved sons, Perry
S. Bond and Roy Bond, both of
Glide, Douglas County, Oregon.

Tomorrow I plan to do page 2 of this will and you can find out what the sons were to receive.


No comments:

Post a Comment