GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Monday, January 23, 2017

Unknown Connections at School



When my father Lester Albertson was in the fifth grade at Oak Plain School 1918-19, his teacher was Ida Mitzner. I thought I recognized the name Mitzner. I found that Ida's older brother, Herman, married Lela Bond in September 1919. Lela was a first cousin of Florence (Bond) Falk, who was Wilma Falk's mother. Lester would not meet Wilma for about another ten years, but then they would be married in 1933. He is being taught by a very close relative of his future wife's relative's husband.


But then, when I looked at his eight grade teacher's name, Lillian I. Clingman, I thought I recognized that name also. So I checked in my database and discovered that Lillian was the adopted daughter of Irene (Bond) Clingman. Irene was the first cousin of my mother's grandfather, John Howard Bond. I am sure that Irene knew our family since she attended the same Bond Reunion in 1939 that my grandmother did. Again Lester's teacher is related to his future wife.

I wonder how many times this happens in our families that lived in rural areas. .







No comments:

Post a Comment