GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Ancestor Birthday - January 8th - Christopher Wickwire


Christopher was my 7th great-grandfather. He was the son of the immigrant John Wickwire, who was born about 1650 in England. John was in the colonies by 1675 when he served in the military in King Philip's War. It was the next year, 1676, in November when John was married to Christopher's mother, Mary Tonge, in New London, New London County, Connecticut. They were early settlers in the section of New London now known as Montville.

Christopher was the 2nd son, born on 8 Jan 1679/80. My website uses this "double dating" becuase before 1752 the calendar used March 25th as the beginning of the year. So January 8th would be in the latter part of 1679, but in our way of thinking it would be in the beginning of 1680, so I used the double dating system, showing both years.

Christopher was one of 8 children and at least 7 lived long enough to be married. He was married about 1700 to Elizabeth Swaddle. The Wickwire family history compiled by Ellwood Count Curtis shows Christopher and Elizabeth with 9 children and identifies 21 grandchildren. Now I must get busy and enter Christopher's siblings and grandchildren into my database. Part of the goal of blogging about the birthday ancestors is so I will get my database and then my website updated.

check Christopher on my website in a few days and see if I accomplished my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment