GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Friday, January 6, 2017

Ten Years Later Grandmother Falk Attended a Bond Reunion

On January 4th I posted about the England reunion of 1929. I found an article in September of 1939 in the Albany Democrat-Herald telling of the Bond Reunion held in Turner, Oregon, at the home of Mr. and Mrs. H. [Harvey] S. Bond on August 20th. It stated that the reunion was for families of the pioneers: Solomon, William and George Bond. Again names were listed with 51 individuals.

My grandparents, Mr & Mrs Julius Falk and their youngest child Gerald were among the attendees. Grandmother Falk's maiden name was Bond. She was a granddaughter of Solomon Bond.

My parents didn't attend that year. I suspect they were busy caring for their new baby girl (me) born just 8 days earlier.

The article included where those attending were from. They came from Washington: Woodland and Vancouver, and from Oregon: Eugene, Albany, Harrisburg, Halsey, Florence, Portland, Salem and Turner.


Again any Bond researchers can contact me to see if your ancestor went to the reunion in 1939.

No comments:

Post a Comment