GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Another Ten Years and Another Bond Reunion

On January 6th I posted about the Bond Reunion in 1939. In August 1949, the Albany Democrat-Herald reported on another Bond reunion. This was held in the Baptist park on the Frank Harlow farm near Eugene. That would probably be at or near Camp Harlow today. Now the reunion was for two of the Bond brothers: Solomon and George.

Again my grandmother, Mrs. Florence Falk, now a widow, attended the reunion along with 45 other named individuals. Among those were my mother, Mrs. Lester Albertson, my brother Oran and me, Joanne. I don't have a clear memory of this particular reunion, but as a child growing up, we regularly attended 2 family reunions each year, Bond and Falk, plus some other family get-togethers.

Those attending this reunion came from 3 locations in Washington: Woodland, Vancouver and Centralia. Oregon provided 9 locations: Portland, Springfield, Trent, Dorena, Madras, Harrisburg, Halsey, Albany and Eugene.


You can check with me jskelton@oip.net to see if your Bond relative was at this same reunion as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment