GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Ancestor Birthday - January 12th - Abner Shipman 1759-1832


Yesterday I posted about his wife, Margery Avery.  Abner Shipman, my 5th great-grandfather, was born just 2 years and 1 day after her. He is shown in the Lyme Connecticut records with a birthdate of 12 Jan 1759.    

I checked the public family trees on Ancestry.com and used a search for Abner Shipman born in 1759 with a wife Margery. There were 148 hits. It appears I could have a lot of cousins out there.

I need to enter census information for Abner in my database for 1790, 1800, 1810 and 1820. Since these census years only list the name of the head of household, I need to make some deductions about who those "tick" marks represent. Hopefully these will be entered within a few days then will update my website and others can evaluate my deductions.

Let me know if your deductions match or differ from mine.


See Abner on my website:http://www.joanneskelton.com/p96.htm#i2376

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Abner!! And Hi Joanne....that tombstone in Lincklaen my mother and I bought and put up once we knew Abner's date of death. As for Margery, I still am hopeful that one day someone will find that date. And when they do, I will go up and get that date on there as well. Abner's line was always my favorite, and it's the one that has stuck with me over the years. Hope you are well!!! Roger Frain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roger for letting me know about the tombstone. I did so appreciate your mother, her letters and phone calls helping me with my Shipman research. I am wondering if you would share how you found my blogpost. Joanne Skelton

      Delete
    2. And btw - did you ever discover any more info about Elisha's wife Catherine Getchell?

      Delete
  2. I did a Facebook search for Abner Shipman, found your birthday greeting and thus a link to your blog.

    ReplyDelete