GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Counting Birthdays on the Calendar



When I made the goal to write a blog post about each ancestor as they were listed on the ancestor birthday calendar on my website, I didn't take the time to investigate how many blog posts that would be.

So now I have taken the time and did the counting. Writing a post each day is taking a little more effort than I supposed it would. But for the birthday ancestors, I was surprised to find that January has the most birthdays of any month. It now has 14 (it did have 15 when I began the year but deleted Elizabeth Charles in January and added Elizabeth Kent to June.) February has 10 and March has 11. All the other months have single digit numbers, with July and November being the lowest with 3 each.

So if my addition is correct, there are 89 ancestor birthdays on my calendar to write about. I now have 14 completed, so only have 75 to go in the next 11 months, or 48 weeks. So it averages less than 2 per week and the goal does seem doable.

Of course I can hope that as I do more research and entering onto my database, more ancestors will be showing up on the birthday calendar and these calculations will need to be updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment