GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Ancestor Birthday - December 4th – Julius Adolph Falk 1880 - 1944


I am a day late posting about Grandpa Falk's birthday since it came on a Monday and that is the day I try to post a mystery photo, which I did yesterday.

Two years ago I wrote a post about Julius' birthday, 4 Dec 2015. Here is a copy of that:

It was on December 4th, 1880, in Avoca township, Iowa County, Wisconsin, when my maternal grandfather, Julius Adolph Falk was born. Both of his parents, Ludwig Falk and Anna Louisa (Boehm) Falk, were born in the Posen Province of Prussia. They were German speaking Protestants who had immigrated to the United States in 1858. Julius was their youngest son, with at least 11 older brothers and sisters and 4 older half-siblings. By 1905 Julius had moved to Linn County, Oregon, where he married Florence Edna Bond in 1910. He continued to live there on his farm with his family until his death in 1944.

With that post I included a photo of him on an old tractor. I really enjoy this picture. Here it is again.



Other posts that include him were
the photo of the 6 brothers who came to Oregon 23 Sep 2017,
a post about his automobile 28 Nov 2016
his wedding photo on 22 Oct 2014,
a map showing his Oregon property 13 Oct 2014,
and the church record showing his birth 5 Oct 2014.

You can read more about him on my website:



No comments:

Post a Comment