GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Friday, December 1, 2017

Probate Records From the Past – Nathan E. Albertson


Many of our ancestors did not leave a will, but their estate still went through probate. Sometimes this is better genealogically because all the heirs are named, whereas in a will the testator can choose to only name certain ones.

This record from my gt-grandfather's estate names his five children, their ages and places of residence. You may notice that Nathan had 1 daughter who was living in Canada and 4 sons, 2 who lived in Kansas and 2 who lived in Oregon.

I found the listing of his personal property quite interesting. He was living in a transition time from the horsedrawn era to automobiles. I wonder why he had 3 automobiles. When I posted on 5 Feb 2017 for Nathan's birthday entry, I included a photo of him and his son in the blacksmith shop. I was glad to notice that blacksmith tools were included in his personal property.


No comments:

Post a Comment