GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Trying to Transcribe - Will of Jael Parker - Pt 1


A few days ago I posted the will of John Parker, my 5th gt-grandfather. This is the will of his wife, who of course was my 5th gt-grandmother. Most of the Quaker records for her use the spelling Jael, while this recorded deed uses Jail. “If it sounds the same, it is the same” is a quote I heard at a national genealogical conference, so I believe that Jael and Jail are just different spellings for the same name. I was really glad she named my 4th gt-grandmother, Peninah/Penninah Nicholson in her will.

The will I am transcribing here appears to be from the recorded wills of Perquimans County North Carolina. I found it both on familysearch.org and on Ancestry.com. This section was from Volume E, page 405.


State of No Carolina } I Jail Parker, being weak in body
Perq. County } but of a sound disposing memory
& considering the uncertainty of life & Death do make this my
last will & testament as follows Viz ) 1st my will is that
all my just debts & funeral expenses be paid out of my
estate. Item. I give & bequeath unto my son John Parker one
cow & calf, the largest iron pot & hooks to him & his heirs
for ever. Item. I give & bequeath unto my daughter Sarah
Lacey one feather bed & furniture the smallest one, one pair
flat irons, One yoke & ox ring & Staple to her & her heirs
forever. Item. I give & bequeath unto my Daughter Ruth Bundy
ten shillings, to her & her heirs forever. Item. I give & bequeath
unto my son Seth Parker, one ox chain to him & his heirs
forever. Item. I give & bequeath unto my daughter Penniah
Nicholson all the remaining part of my estate to her & her
heirs forever. I do hereby constitute & appoint




No comments:

Post a Comment