GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Trying to Transcribe - Will of John Parker - Pt 2


On this section of the will of John Parker my 5th gt-grandfather, you can see that it was dated the 4th day of the 10th month 1800, which would be 4 Oct 1800. I found it a little amusing that most of the family trees I found on-line at Ancestry.com give his death date as 10 Apr 1800. That would make him dying almost 6 months before he wrote his will. Then it was not probated until February of 1803. I suspect his death really occurred early in 1803.

In this section he names his 5 children, including my ancestor, Peninah Nicholson.


Item. I give and bequeath to my Daughter Sarah Parker and her Heirs &
assigns for every, Fifty acres of Land, joining the part which I have by deed
given to my Grandson Nathan Bundy, but if she should decease without
lawful Heirs and before she lawfully conveys or disposes of said Land, then
I give the said Land unto my Grandson Noah Parker son of my Son
John Parker to him his heirs & assigns for ever.---
Item I give to my said Wife & her disposal, my Mare with a Bridle, side
Saddle & Mans Saddle, one Yoke of Oxen with the Yoke, ring and Staple
Cart & Ox Chain, two ploughs, two Axes, four hoes, one feather bed & furniture,
two Ewes & Lambs, two Cows & Calves, One Chest, one Linen Wheel, one Woolen
Wheel, one Iron pot with hooks & Iron port tramel, one pair flat irons,
one box Iron, Two Pewter Basons, one Dish & 6 pewter plates; also I give
her one years provision, aslo my largest looking glass & six of my best chairs, viz
green ones.
Item. I give to my son John Parker one cow & calf & one feather bed and
furniture.----
Item. I give to my daughter Sarah Parker one cow & calf & one feather
bed & furniture.
Item. I give to my Son Seth Parker one cow & calf & one feather bed
and furniture, and it is my Will that he have sufficient schooling.
Item. I give all the remainder of my Estate unto my said Wife and my
five children, viz; John Parker, Ruth Bundy, Peninnah Nicholson, Sarah
Parker and Seth Parker, to be equally divided amongst them.. and it is
my will that it be divided by such men as my Executors shall elect
for that purpose, appraising the articles & dividing them without any sale.
Lastly I hereby nominate, constitute & appoint my Son, John Parker
and my Son in law Samuel Bundy to be Executors of this my last
Will, Ratifying & Confirming this & no other to be my last Will &
Testament.---In Witness whereof I the said John Parker Senr have
hereunto set my hand & Seal this 4th day of the 10th month 1800....
Signed, sealed, published, pronounced                              his
& declared by the said John Parker to be                    John / Parker {seal}
his last will & Testament in presence                                 mark
of us, Silas Haskit
William Haskit (Aff)
John Pool                                                              Samuel Bundy - qualified








No comments:

Post a Comment