GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Trying to Transcribe - Will of John Parker - Pt 1


Yesterday I posted about Peninah (Parker) Nicholson. This is the first section of the will of her father, John Parker, my 5th gt-grandfather.

I found two copies of his will on-line. It appears that the image on familysearch.org is from the recorded wills in Perquimans County North Carolina. The other image I found was on Ancestry.com which was marked as original wills. When I compared them I found no substantial differences. I am using the Ancestry image here.

It seemed interesting to me how John specified who would get his “Still.”



State of No Carolina }
Perquimans County } I John Parker Senr of the place
aforesaid, being of Sound & disposing mind and
memory do make & ordain these presents to be & containing my last
Will & testament in the following manner & form, Viz ------
First, It is my will that all the Just debts which may be owing from
me at the time of my decease, & all the necessary expenses be well & truly
paid out of my Estate in due time --- Whereas by Deeds of
gift bearing even date with these presents, I have made conveyances of
Lands to my Grandsons Nathan Bundy & John Nicholson, respectively
under several provisos, therefore I hereby confirm them, as it is my
Will that the said gifts to them shall be good, agreeable to my Intent
of meaning expressed in the said Deeds. ----
Item. I Give and bequeath to my son Seth Parker & His Heirs & assigns
for ever, my manor plantation whereon I dwell with all the buildings
& Improvements thereon & Woodland adjoining, with the Woodland
on the Easterly side of the fork Swamp joining and all my land lying
in the woods about Pine Glade; and in case he should Decease without
lawful years & before he lawfully disposes of or conveys the said lands,
then I give the said Lands unto my grandson Nathan Parker, son of
my son John Parker, to him his heirs & assigns for ever; Reserving
nevertheless unto my beloved Wife Jail Parker the use of all the said
Plantation, Lands buildings & Improvements until my said Son
Seth shall arrive to the age of twenty Years & and after that for my said
Wife to have the use of one half my plantation which part she shall choose
and one half of my buildings thereon & privilege of the woodland, the planta-
tion to be divided by my path or road straight from my Still house out to
the public road, to her during her natural life.
Item. I leave the use of my Still, Apple Mill, Cider Troughs, flat forms & other
cider utensils & all my Liquor Casks unto my said wife until my said
Son comes to the age of Twenty Years, and then I give them all to my
said son Seth, only for my said Wife to have the privilege of the Still &
as many of the Casks & other utensils as may be necessary for her own
Liquor, during her natural life; and if my said Son Seth should decease
in minority & without lawful ______ I give the said Still to my Grandson

John Nicholson above named..------- ---------- -------------- --------------.

No comments:

Post a Comment