GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Monday, November 28, 2016

Did Grandfather Falk Have a Car?

Day before yesterday (November 26) I posted about the Falk family members who were listed on the
database of Oregon motor vehicle registrations from 1911 to 1946. So I searched for my grandfather, Julius A. Falk.

Yes, he did have a car, but it wasn't until 1921. He was listed as J.A. Falk of Harrisburg for February 1921 with a Reo touring car, not a Ford. I suspect he had used horse and buggy or wagon until then.

My mother, Wilma Falk, would have been nine years old when they got that car. Her sister Lois would have been five and Erma one. I can believe that it was exciting for them. Sometimes it is hard to remember that family I knew personally lived in the horse and buggy days.


No comments:

Post a Comment