GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving 83 Years Ago

Thanksgiving 83 years ago was 1933. My parents, Lester Albertson and Wilma Falk were married on the 4th of November in 1933, so 83 years ago was their first Thanksgiving as a married couple.  I really enjoy researching in old newspapers and am so happy that some of my newspaper subscription sites include papers that were in the area where my family lived as well as being able to research at the University of Oregon library using microfilm.  The Halsey Journal (Halsey, Oregon) had a small paragraph in their December 9th issue which stated that the following people had enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner in Albany at the home of Rev. B. M. Higbee: Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Albertson Ione Higbee and Mr. and Mrs. Lester Albertson.  I did some further research on these individuals to see why they spent Thanksgiving together. The newspaper did not get all the names correct. It was the home of Rev. Dellno M. Higbee. Arthur and Della were my father's uncle and aunt and Aunt Della's was Dellno's sister. Ione was actually Ion Higbee and he was another brother. Of course Mr and Mrs Lester Albertson were my parents. So my research helped me know where my parents spent Thanksgiving 83 years ago and who some of the others were who were also there.

No comments:

Post a Comment