GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Treasured Memories From the Past - Photo of My Mother and Her Sister


This is one of my favorite photos of my mother, Wilma Anna (Falk) Albertson, and her sister, Lois Verl (Falk) Lotspeich. I actually have two copies, both printed on postcards. One has the notation on the back that Wilma was age 7 and Lois was age 4, so since Wilma was born in 1912 and Lois in 1915, the year would be 1919.

The first copy I received from a 2nd cousin from the John Falk family in Iowa, Luella (Bleich) Cherland, before she died in 1998. She sent it with some other photos that she said none of her family wanted. When I opened the box and saw this one, I cried, it was so lovely. Then later I received some of the photos from my grandmother's collection, and here was a second copy of the same photo.


2 comments:

  1. Joanne!! I've never seen this photo and I LOVE it!! I love the look in both of their eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it and I always enjoyed your mom. She was sweet and kind! Miss her and so glad to be reconnected with you!
    Becky
    https://grandmabeckyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete