GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Friday, September 8, 2017

Back to School -- Who Was in Grandaunt Lake's Class?


Day before yesterday, 6 Sep 2017, I posted a photo of my gt-grandmother Rosa's school class in Sherman County Kansas in 1897 or 1898. Today I have a photo of my grandmother Lucie Smalley's sister, Lake Smalley with a class she taught in 1908.

The names were provided with only the first name, so I can guess at some of them and am quite confident about the Smalley siblings that Lake had in her class. I did check the 1910 census and the non-Smalley names had a child of approximately the right age with that first name, so my guesses may be accurate also. If anyone can correct me, please do so.

back row: Ollie Kipps, Hattie Shipman, Grace Sigman, Anna Kipps, Lake Smalley, Bessie Kipps, Marvin Smalley.
front row: Lauren Smalley, Julia Smalley, Chester Shipman, Laurene Smalley.



No comments:

Post a Comment