GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Families Visit Each Other


Often I find it very interesting how the older local newspapers report on who visited whom.

Checking out some of the Falk families I found that in August 1915, nine family members of the Leonard Falk clan from Albany, Oregon, traveled by automobile to Salem Heights to visit their brother George's home.

In October of 1925, Roy Bond of Glide, a brother of Mrs. Julius Falk, my grandmother, came to Harrisburg area to visit her. I suspect he was glad to tell her that the prune ranch operated by he and his brother Perry had a good yield that year.

There was quite a strange item in the paper of December 1925. It stated: "Julius Falk and family, who reside southwest of town, [Harrisburg, Oregon] motored to Roseburg Thanksgiving day and spent a few days visiting with Mrs. Falk's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Bond."
What is strange is that her parents had died in 1918 and 1919. I suspect it is probable that they visited her brothers who lived at Glide, which is in the Roseburg area.

It was in August of 1934 when my grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Julius Falk, along with their seven year old son Jerry, went to Halsey on Sunday morning and attended church services at the Church of Christ. Then they had dinner at my parents' home, Lester and Wilma (Falk) Albertson. Wilma's ten year old sister, Violet, had been visiting with them and now later that day she went back home with her parents.

A year later, August of 1935, the paper reported that my parents went up to Harrisburg and visited my grandparents' family on a Sunday afternoon. I wonder if they visited other times too rather than just once a year.




No comments:

Post a Comment