GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Who Else was in the WCTU Cookbook?

Yesterday I posted about the Linn County WCTU Cookbook which I own. While I was researching to see if my mother had submitted any recipes I noticed some other of my relatives were also in the book.

My grandmother, Mrs. O. J. Albertson of Halsey, had 5 different recipes:
      Quick Blackberry Jelly
      Jam Cake
      Buttermilk Cake
      30 Minute Angel Food Cake
      Boston Cream Pie

My Dad's sister, Aunt Vida, Mrs. Cecil Dawson, submitted 1:
      Hot Water Pie Crust

There were 11 recipes from Bond cousins:
Ruby Hayes Standish submitted 4:
     Rice and Hamburger Balls
     Baked Sweet Potatoes
     Ginger Drop Cookies
     Christmas Pudding
Nellie Bond Isom submitted 4:
     Scalloped Corn and Tomatoes
     Chocolate Roll
     Peanut Crinkles
     Grape Marlow
Irene Bond Clingman submitted 2:
     Spanish Dowery Cake
     Orange Cookies
Madge McVey Bond submitted 1:
     Butter Scotch Taffy

And there was 1 recipe from a Falk cousin:
Nellie Falk Vannice
     Steam Pudding

From attending family reunions over the years, I can attest that family members were good cooks.



1 comment: