GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Thursday, December 8, 2016

The Cottage Grove connection to the Potter Sewing Club

I now live in Cottage Grove Oregon and I discovered that there is a connection between  the 
Potter Sewing Club and Cottage Grove.  

My Grandmother Albertson belonged to the Potter Sewing Club and I posted about that day before yesterday, December 6th. One of the first mentions I found in the newspaper was March 1926 when my aunts assisted the hostess in serving lunch. The hostess that day was Mrs. Jesse Safley. She is the connection to Cottage Grove. How? Her husband, Jesse Safley was a brother of Franklin/Frank Safley. By the 1920 census Frank and family were living in Cottage Grove.


I feel like I have an even closer relationship to the Safley family. One of Frank's daughters was Isabelle. Isabelle Gates Woolcott recruited me to work as a hostess at the Cottage Grove Museum over ten years ago and after her death I continued to work there and am still volunteering. Isabelle's daughter is a member of the Board for the Museum, so see her frequently. I find it so fascinating that her grandaunt was assisted by my aunts back in 1926; so they all could enjoy that "dainty lunch."  

No comments:

Post a Comment