GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Friday, December 30, 2016

My Mother's In a Recipe Book



Sometime in the later 1930's or early 1940's the Linn County W.C.T.U. (Women's Christian Temperance Union) published a cookbook. I have a copy in my collection. Some of the recipes included the name of the contributor. Since I knew my mother (Wilma Falk Albertson) had belonged to that organization at one time, I checked through the 60+ pages to see if she had furnished any of the recipes.

And I did find two. Even if she hadn't won the cake baking contest (see blog post: December 13, 2016) she did submit a recipe for Red Devils Food Cake. I don't remember her baking that, but I do remember the other recipe: Washboard Cookies. They were made with coconut and they were really good.


Maybe I'll try to make some myself using her recipe. It will be next year (2017) before I get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment