GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Ancestor Birthday – November 13th – Aaron Albertson 1710-1782


I'm celebrating Aaron's birthday a day early so I can do a Monday Mystery Photo tomorrow.

Aaron Albertson was one of my 6th gt-grandfathers. The Quaker records show that he was born the 13th day of the 9th month in 1710 in Perquimans County, North Carolina. Since this was before the calendar change in 1752, the 9th month was November. His parents were Nathaniel and Abigail (Nicholson) Albertson. He was the 3rd of 8 children.

The Perquimans Monthly Meeting reported on the 3rd day of the 7th month (September) in 1729 that the inspectors had brought a good report and Aaron Albertson and Ann Gilbert were at liberty to be married. The record is a little difficult to read. Their portion begins about half way through, and Aaron's surname is divided onto two lines.


The civil record shows that they were married on 10 Sep 1729. It is most probable that it was a Quaker style marriage.

Aaron and Ann had 5 children: Joseph, Abigail, Nathaniel, Jane & Benjamin. The youngest, Benjamin born in 1739, was my 5th gt-grandfather.

My posts on June 22 & 23, 2017, were my attempts to transcribe Aaron's will which was written 15 Oct 1769 and probated in Apr 1782. He names his wife Anne [sic] and 4 children: Nathaniel Albertson, Abigail Cosand, Jean Charles and Benjamin Albertson. Apparently Joseph had died before 1769.

I found it interesting that when I searched the public member trees on Ancestry.com I found that there were over 300 trees which included Aaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment