GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Identity – Childhood Memories Alphabet – I & J

I is for Icicle

    Because the weather generally was not extremely cold, we did not have lots of icicles. But when it was really cold, we could have icicles. Icicles could be beautiful. Sometimes they could get very long. Although I didn't like to be cold, I still could enjoy looking at icicles.


J is for Jelly

    I don't remember eating much jelly at our house. One year my Mom made prune conserve since we had two prune trees. She made a lot of prune conserve, so we ate it for many years. When I was about 12, I attended 4H Summer School. One of the classes I attended was how to get juice from berries in order to make jelly. It included a kit with cellulose papers (like unscented Kleenex) and a bag and a metal frame. So when I came home, I wanted to try it out and our farm had many blackberry bushes out in the woods. So I went blackberry picking and used my new kit to squeeze out enough clear juice to make a batch of blackberry jelly. It turned out fairly well, but since we didn't eat a lot of jelly, I didn't make lots of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment