GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Sunday, March 4, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks – 9 – Will



My procrastination inclination has set in again and here it is the last day of week 9 and the theme for this week on 52 Ancestors is Will. Thanks to Lisa Louise Cooke's blog on 2 Mar 2018 about state genealogy records I discovered that the State Archives of North Carolina has posted a new digital collection of Secretary of State Wills containing wills from 1663 to 1789. I already had some books of abstracts of those wills, so knew that several of my ancestors' wills were included there. With this new collection available there should be a number of wills that I can try to transcribe.

One of the earlier ones should be Albert Albertson, my 8th gt-grandfather. I clicked on the link provided and was able to access the collection. I found Albert's will which was written in 1701 and probated in 1702. I find it amazing I can look at an image of my ancestor's will that has survived over 300 years. Below you can see a copy of the first page of that will. Tomorrow I will try to give my attempt for transcribing it.








No comments:

Post a Comment