GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Sunday, February 25, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks – 8 – Heirloom

Here it is the last day of week 8 and the theme for this week on 52 Ancestors is Heirloom. So I am going to repeat the posting I did almost 4 months ago on 2 Nov 2017. This is one of my favorite heirlooms.

Treasured Memories From the Past – An Heirloom Wedding Gift



This is a cut-glass candy dish that my grandmother, Florence (Bond) Falk, gave to me for a wedding gift in 1972. The story that was told to me was that she had received it as a wedding gift when she was married in 1910 and she determined to give it to her oldest granddaughter for her wedding. Since I just happened to be the oldest granddaughter, I did receive it. Now I cherish it for its beauty, but more importantly for who gave it to me and why.


No comments:

Post a Comment