GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Monday, March 5, 2018

Trying to Transcribe - Will of Albert Albertson - Pt 1


As I posted yesterday, I have found a website from North Carolina with early wills. I posted a copy of the image of my 8th gt-grandfather's will. Today is my attempt to transcribe that will. If you notice from yesterday the right edge of the image is very difficult to read, so I have a few blanks in my transcription.

One of the items I enjoyed finding was the bequest to my 7th gt-grandfather, Nathaniel Albertson of a horse called Blaze.



In the Name of God Amen. I Albert
Albertson the Elder of the Precinct of
Perquimans in No Carrolina being in Per
fect health of body (praysed be God) but
considering that is is Appoynted for all
men once to die and being ________
of the time when it may Please God
to take me out of this transitory life
doe make and ordaine this my Last will
and testament In manner and forme
following that is to say

Imprimis: I give my soule to God who gave
it and doe ________ him for the merritori
us death and pashion of Jesus Christ my
blessed Saviour and redeemer to Pardon
all my sins and I give my body to the Earth.
Item: I give all that Plantation is here ___
with all the Land thereunto belongin
unto my loveing sons Peter and ________
and to their Heirs for ever to be Equaly
divided between them
Item: I give unto my Sd Sonn Peter and Nathan__
my mill and mill horse called Jack
Item: I give unto my sonn Peter a horse called
Sparke and to my sonn Nathanell a horse
called Blaze
Item: I give unto my Sonn Albert Albertson
tenn pounds Sterlin to be paid to him
out of the estate; and a musquett and
a wascoaate that has silver buttons ___
Item: I give unto my sonn Easau Albertson
a mare fillie aged twellve months come
next spring
Item: I give unto my Eldest sonn Peters wife
Ann a mare colt that shall happen after
this yeare ye first
Item: I give unto my sonn Albert Albertson the
second colt that shall happen after this
yeare.



No comments:

Post a Comment