GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Friday, June 1, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks – 22 – So Far Away



The theme this week is quite vague. Amy Johnson Crow, who has been setting the themes each week, has admitted it is vague and she is looking forward to what those who are following these prompts will come up with.

I had an event today, 31 May 2018, which fits very well with this theme. One of the members in the Prussian Genealogy Facebook Group, Laura Kaatz, had posted photos in 2017 from the town of Nakel, formerly in Prussia, but now in Poland. Included in them was the former protestant church there. My gt-grandmother, Anna Louise, daughter of Michael Boehm and Anna Rosina Leu, was baptized at the protestant church in 1832, confirmed in 1846 and married to the widower Ludwig Falk there in 1850. I did a blog post for her on her birthday last year, August 30th.

But I was unsure if it would be the same church building. So I contacted Laura Kaatz on the facebook group and asked that question and also if I could have permission to use one of her photos on my blog. She very graciously gave permission and verified that it was the same church.

So here it is, the former protestant church in Nakel, Kreis Wirsitz, Posen, Prussia, now
Nakło nad Notecią, Poland. When I asked Google how far it was from where I live in Cottage Grove Oregon, it told me it was 5,341 miles. Now I would consider that “so far away.” But thanks to another genealogist who was willing to share I can post a modern photo of the church where my gt-grandparents were married over 160 years ago.






No comments:

Post a Comment