GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Monday, January 1, 2018

Genealogy Goals for 2018


At the beginning of 2017 I posted the following genealogy goals:
     Review each ancestor on the day before their birthday as shown on the calendar on my website.
     Organize some of the materials about that person, both paper and digital.
     Write something for my blog each day. Have it be about the ancestor on his or her birthday.
     Enter some missing information or make corrections about the birthday ancestor in my database.
     Digitize family documents, especially those not already on-line.

How did I do? I did check each ancestor on the birthday calendar. A few of them got better organized. My database was mostly neglected. A number of documents were digitized.
Yesterday (31 Dec 2017) I posted some of my statistics for writing 365 blog posts in 2017, so I did get that goal accomplished.

This year I want a less rigorous schedule so will try to write about one ancestor per week. I am taking the challenge of “52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks.” These will mostly be those where I don't have an exact date of birth, or have not yet entered into my database so they didn't show on the calendar. Then if I want to write more that week, I plan to write about siblings or cousins or share documents or photos. Writing has really helped me to get to know my ancestors and other relatives better.



No comments:

Post a Comment