GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Where Were My Ancestors? - 1940, 1930, 1920 Census


Today I am starting a series about where my ancestors were on the various censuses. In order to answer the question, it is necessary to determine which ancestors were alive when the census was taken. At first I can look at a large pedigree chart and note the years the ancestor lived. Then if anyone was born or died in the census year, I can check the actual date of the census.

I had planned to begin with the latest one which is open for research, 1940. But as I checked my pedigree chart, I discovered that all of my ancestors who were alive in 1940 were also alive in 1930 and also in 1920. Not one of my ancestors died between 1920 and 1940. Knowing about these ancestors, I also knew that they all were living in the same County and State in 1940, 1930 and 1920, so this posting includes all those years. Tomorrow I plan to write about 1910, which has a different group of ancestors.

This map shows where my ancestors were in 1940, 1930 and 1920.

Here is chart with their names (women's maiden names), locations (County and State) and my relationship to them.

1940, 1930, 1920 Census
Name
County
State
Relationship
Lester O. Albertson
Linn
Oregon
father
Wilma A. Falk
Linn
Oregon
mother
Oran J. Albertson
Linn
Oregon
grandfather
Lucie R. Smalley
Linn
Oregon
grandmother
Julius A. Falk
Linn
Oregon
grandfather
Florence E. Bond
Linn
Oregon
grandmother
Lafayette P. Smalley
Sherman
Kansas
gt-grandfather
Rosa E. Shipman
Sherman
Kansas
gt-grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment