GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lucinda Hall and her connection to Cottage Grove

Lucinda Hall is found on my website,
http://www.joanneskelton.com/p755.htm
because she was married to my 2nd great-granduncle, Ebenezer Hayes. Lucinda was born on the 14th of October 1846. She was the daughter of Thomas Hall and Lucinda Robinett.
Recently I have been doing research on some of the families of the donation land claim settlers in the Cottage Grove area. One of these families I was working on was the Shields family. One of the Shields children was Jemima Shields, who married James Robinett. James was a brother to Lucinda Robinett, Lucinda Hall's mother, so James was Lucinda's uncle. So through marriages I am connected to one of Cottage Grove's early settlers and it just so happens that my home is located on a part of the Shields Donation Land Claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment