GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sarah Bond and Preston Murphy wedding day

Sarah Bond was the daughter of my 2nd great grand uncle, George W. Bond. You can read about her on my website:
http://www.joanneskelton.com/p1112.htm
Last week while researching on Genealogy Bank historical newspapers, I found the notice of Sarah's marriage to P. H. Murphy as published in the Oregon State Journal, Eugene, Oregon. It said:
MARRIED.  On June 21st 1874, at the residence of G. W. Bond near Eugene City, by N. Hull, J. P., Mr. P. H. Murphy of Monmouth, Polk Co, and Miss Sarah A. Bond of Lane Co., Oregon, both deaf mutes.
Near the end of April I wrote about Sarah's  brother Joseph who was also deaf and mentioned Sarah there.
I wonder how it made Sarah feel to have the newspaper list that fact in the account of her marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment