GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Sunday, January 9, 2022

A Favorite Find – USA Marriage Places

The theme for week 2 is Favorite Find. In general, I do not have favorites, but like many items equally. However, I can say that this is one of my favorite finds while rereading my blogs from 2015. https://joannesgenealogyresearch.blogspot.com/2015/05/

That was a map I posted on 26 May 2015 showing the states in the United States where 24 of my 3rd great-grandparents (or 12 couples) were married. I haven’t yet discovered the information about the other 4 couples, but am confident they were still in the “old country.” As I restudied this map, I discovered I had made an error. Indiana should have been included in the one section and Ohio increased to six.

So here is a corrected map: reddish = 1, blue = 6. Note half were married in Ohio.


Since the original post did not include their names, this time I am including a table showing the names, dates, and the counties where these marriages took place.

Groom

Bride

Date

County

State

Nathan Albertson

Phariby Nicholson

14 Oct 1824

Perquimans

North Carolina

Elias Marsh

Edith Townsend

__ Jul 1810

Columbiana

Ohio

Isaac Hockett

Sarah Frazier

10 Jul 1812

Clinton

Ohio

Thomas Hartley

Barbara Larr

7 Jul 1808

Fayette

Pennsylvania

William Smalley

Elizabeth Eakins

21 Sep 1826

Adams

Ohio

John Hemphill

Elizabeth Milligan

30 Mar 1836

Adams

Ohio

Joseph Shipman

Mary Carey

16 Feb 1837

Ashtabula

Ohio

Timothy Chase

Lucy Howe

31 Dec 1832

Litchfield

Connecticut

John Bond

Sarah Chastain

5 Oct 1815

Henry

Kentucky

Seth Hayes

Lydia Jewett

17 Dec 1818

Geauga

Ohio

Thomas O’Neal

Sarah Lollar

20 Aug 1823

Franklin

Indiana

William England

Mary Walker

2 Mar 1827

Gibson

Tennessee


No comments:

Post a Comment