GeneaBloggersTRIBE

Monday, November 20, 2017

Monday Mystery Photo - #7


Here is the mystery photo for today, 20 Nov 2017


This is an unidentified photo from my father's, (Lester Albertson) collection. I believe it was originally from his mother's photos, Lucie (Smalley) Albertson. Some of the surnames from her family include Smalley, Shipman, Hemphill and Chase. But she also may have collected photos from the Albertson family.

It is quite small, the image about 1.35 inches by 1.85 inches, pasted onto cardboard about 2.85 inches by 3.5 inches.

On the back of the photo the following is handwritten:
September
20 – 1903
Canton Ill
From H.M.J.
Cuba Illinois

I checked Wikipedia and found that Canton now has a population of about 14,000 and it is the largest city in Fulton County. Cuba is also in Fulton County and its current population is about 1200. I don't know who lived in those towns in Illinois, so if it rings a bell for anyone, please let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment